Popular Posts

Friday, May 27, 2011

Mango Mousse

Mango is fruit of the season and nobody can escape from its fragrance and taste. I tried this Mango Mousse which I found was not that difficult to make. Though I learned that mousse should be moulded in the same dish in which you want to serve. Here I am trying this recipe with pics...

Ingredients:

Mango puree - 2 cups
Heavy cream - 1 cup
Eggs - 2 egg whites
Powdered sugar - 1.5 cup
Gelatin - 1 tbs ( animal or plant)
Water - 1/ cup
Mango pieces and tutty fruity for garnishing.


Method:

Warm 1/2 cup water and dissolve gelatin in it.

Take 2 egg whites and whisk vigorously or with a whisker, till soft peaks form.


Take 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, add 1/2 cup powered sugar in it and whip till soft peaks form.


Dissolve remaining sugar in mango puree.  Mix dissolved gelatin.

Now slowly fold whisked egg white and whipped cream in the puree.



Pour in mould of your choice. before pouring u may sprinkle some tutty fruity on the base.

Refrigerate for 3- 4 hrs. and then unmold.

Garnish with mango pieces and top with whipped cream and tutty fruity. Serve.

Hope you liked it..

2 comments:

  1. wow!! I think you made me reading your blog.Now I have another dessert for the weekend!! :) Cant wait until I try

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Amy,

    I am glad by your comment.. Do try it and don't forget to share the pic with me..

    ReplyDelete